Cast starts rehearsal for November performance of Seussical

Senior Kieon Davis, juniors Lerran Yoder and Aubri Umlauf, senior Ally Thomas and sophomore gabbie Jones act out the script for the ‘Suessical.” Auditions were held August 23rd and will be performed Novermber2-4

Auditions were held August 23 and the cast and crew have already started the rehearsals to perform Seussical, a musical that revolves around many childhood Dr. Seuss classics, Nov.2-4.

Stories that are going to be performed include “Horton Hears a Who,” “How the Grinch Stole Christmas,” “The Butter Battle Book,” “The Cat in the Hat,” “Oh the Places You’ll Go,” and other smaller pieces. Examples of some of the smaller pieces include “Mayzie In Palm Beach,” “How Lucky Your Are,” “Egg Nest and Tree” and “Chasing the Whos.”

It was first performed on Nov.30, 2000 on Broadway. It has spawned two U.S. national tours and a West End production and it is frequently performed in schools and theatres. Seussical is narrated by the character “Cat in The Hat,” who is being played by junior Madeline Schockman. He or She speaks about “Horton,” an elephant who discovers a speck of dust that the “Who Jojo” happens to live in. Jojo is a Who that is sent off to a military school for thinking too many “Thinks.” But that isn’t Horton’s only responsibility. He must care for an egg abandoned by an irresponsible bird named “Mayzie La Bird.” Even though Horton faces challenges by being put in danger, mockery, kidnapping and a trial, the fearless “Gertrude McFuzz” does not lose faith in him.

Main Cast-

Cat in the Hat- junior Madeline Shockman

Jojo- sophomore Ariel Givens

Horton-  sophomore Grady Miller

Mr. Mayor-junior Larran Yoder

Mrs. Mayer- sophomore Lauren Kreisel

Gertrude- senior Allison Thomas

Mayzie- junior Alexa Scrivener

Sour Kangaroo- junior Kathryn Ricky

General Schmitz- senior Kieon Davis