Freshman enjoys creating art as an escape

Aleanah Yoder
Freshman Adele Anderson admires her whale-shark sculpture that she finished first quarter. Art teacher Derek Norton has recognized her talent and interest in visual arts.

Freshman Adele Anderson finds art as a get away from reality, this is something that she uses to express her feelings. She loves listening to music and calling her friends while doing her art projects.

“I literally think about anything and everything,” Anderson said. 

She has done art for eight years. She started to like art after a girl in her second grade class showed her some art work she was working on.

“I love the end product after all of the hard work. I also enjoy exploring different styles and techniques,” Anderson said. 

“My favorite part about art is coming up with and brainstorming the ideas for what to make in the first place. I love having inspiration to create,” Anderson said.

Out of the many pieces of art she has completed through the years, she has her favorites. 

“My favorite art piece I’ve made was either my koi fish card from 8th grade or my Van Gogh field from this year,” Anderson said. 

Anderson is diverse in her art, she paints, sketches and enjoys working with different mediums. This school year, she completed a cardboard project of a whale shark.

“I really like the whale-shark sculpture she made in the first quarter. She used paper-mache around a metal frame and then painted it with acrylic paint. It’s a fairly big piece at a yard in length,” art teacher Derek Norton said.

Anderson said she loves how she can express herself in art. Art is her favorite thing to do. She would do it all day if she had the chance to. She gets so much support she gets from the people she loves and all her friends. 

“She’s an excellent artist with an eye for detail and composition,” Norton said.  “She has a great personality and I know she’s going to continue making amazing art in the coming years,” Norton said.