Basketball teams wrap up seasons with honors

Junior Logan Gemes plays offense at a home game. Gemes was honorable mention All-Conference and All-District.

The boys and girls basketball teams worked long and hard for their season to have that outcome that they achieved. The girls were 9-18 and the boys were 5-19. 

“We played our best basketball at the end of the season,” boys coach Matthew Brownsburger said.

Many of the players say they feel good about what they accomplished this season.

¨I think, personally, over the season, I accomplished a new and better mindset. The years before I was determined and ready to go, but this year was different. I think knowing this was my last year playing, played a role in that. I wanted more and was more driven,¨ senior Rachael Henderson said. 

The teams put in many practice hours outside of games this season in an effort to continue improvement.

¨We worked on getting better in any free time we had,¨ Brownsburger said. 

Five players were named to the OHC All-Conference Team, including sophomore Tanna Howe (first team), senior Rachel Henderson (honorable mention, junior Keira Mostaffa (honorable mention), junior Logan Gemes (honorable mention) and Noah Siebert (honorable mention.

Three players were named to the All-District team: Howe, Mostaffa and Gemes.