Students find comfort in the sounds of the season

Photo Submitted
Sophomore Jade Parmalee, junior Haylie Allen, and sophomore Makayla Lawrence prepare to carol.

Choir and Madrigal vocalists and band musicians were constantly practicing their holiday music this time of year in preparation for caroling and their holiday concert. Many of them have grown to love some of the music of the season.  Little drummer boy is sophomore Serenity Miller’s favorite. Miller likes the way the song sounds. She likes Christmas carols because it gets her in the Christmas spirit. Miller loves going caroling.

“It’s very fun, especially when I get to do it with my friends and family,” Miller said. 

Junior Jayden Culbertson’s favorite Christmas carol is “God Rest Ye Merry Gentlemen.” Culbertson loves the way the song sounds. 

Culbertson enjoys singing Christmas carols because he gets to do it with his friends. Culbertson has been caroling, with the school and with his church. 

“I had so much fun and had such a good time with my friends!” Culbertson said.

Senior Alyson Alcantara’s favorite Christmas song is “Carol of the Bells.”

“It’s a fast paced song that whisks you away in its melody!” Alcantara said.

Alcantara enjoys singing carols because of the unity and it brings her peace. Her favorite thing about her caroling experiences is the bond it helps to create.

“Christmas caroling is always fun. I have fond memories of singing with friends and drinking hot chocolate afterwards!” Alcantara said. 

Junior Alysia Yoder’s favorite Christmas carol is “The First Noel.”

“It’s a warm up in choir and I enjoy the sound of it, it’s very angelic,” Yoder said. 

Her favorite thing about carols are most of the songs are slow and pretty and those are Yoders favorite choir songs in general. 

She has gone caroling, but her experiences aren’t the best. 

“It was a fun experience, it was just always cold every time I went so I didn’t enjoy it as much as I could have.” Yoder said.

The top christmas song this year was “All I want for Christmas is You” by Mariah Carey. 

These students got to perform some of their favorites at the Dec. 14 winter concert. They performed some holiday songs.