FBLA members qualify for state contest

Members of Warsaw High’s FBLA gather at contest. They include (front) sophomore Logan Gemes, (back) seniors Whitney Brown, Abby Dendish, sophomore Ashlyn Adams, junior Sarah Gilbert, seniors Jenny Jones, Abi Feltrop, Jazz Swisher, Ashlyn Laue and Anna Siegel. Four qualified for state contest.

Four members of Warsaw’s FBLA organization have qualified for the state contest.

Seniors Cohen Walton, Abi Feltrop, Abby Dendish, and Ashlyn Laue, all qualified for state this year. The Missouri State Leadership Conference will be held in Springfield on April 16-18.

“Students gain experience in workforce related areas, work ethic, communication skills, and leadership skills,” FBLA advisor Kimberly Pate said. 

FBLA, Future Business Leaders of America, is a very important organization for many at WHS who want to learn marketable skills, build friendships and create memories. 

FBLA isn’t hard to participate in, or even get into. 

“You only have to be a part of a business class,” Pate said.

From contest season, to national convention, many of the members create bond with their peers.

“I had a strong bond with all the members already, I feel like that helped us enjoy it so much and always work together. I have met other people from other states and still talk to them to this day,” senior FBLA president Abi Feltrop said.

Feltrop said FBLA has allowed her to create great memories and experience new things. 

“Definitely both the national fall leadership conferences are my favorite memories,” Feltrop said.

The national fall leadership conference was when students and advisers participate in motivational general sessions, professional development, and career planning workshops. 

“Going to Milwaukee last year was probably my favorite thing we have done. It’s hard to pick out just one thing from that trip because I really enjoyed it all,” senior Anna Siegel said. 

“Going to Denver, Colorado was my favorite memory, that was fun,” junior Sarah Gilbert said.