‘American Kids’ celebrate Barnwarming

The 2021 royalty celebrates with new Barnwarming royalty. They include, 2021 Barnwarming king graduate Jerimiah Johnson, 2022 king freshman Rylan Sheard, 2022 queen freshman Jessie Bilderback and 2021 queen junior Autumn Walton.

FFA members gathered at the ag building on Nov. 5 to celebrate after their weeks of planning and preparation. The night was full of games, line dancing, and food during the annual Barnwarming dance. The dance was inspired by the song “American Kids” by Kenny Chesney.
Much planning went into this dance. Junior Grace Drake was the designated event planner.
“The dance is student run with the help of our adult advisors, we did the decorating and helped the DJ set up and put everything in motion,” Drake said.
Coronation was a critical part of the dance. Students cast their popular vote, games were played, and donations were sent in to determine who would be Barnwarming Royalty. The King and Queen candidates for 2022-2023 consisted of seniors Janie Kilgore and Micheal Brock, juniors Dallas Steinhoff and Dylan Elmer, sophomores Alysia Yoder and Drake Murrell, and freshmen Jessie Bilderback and Rylan Sheard. Rylan Sheard and Jessie Bilderback were crowned 2022 Barnwarming royalty.
The Greenhand and Chapter degree ceremonies kicked off the night.
“Barnwarming is very important to FFA because it gives the students an opportunity to get together and be awarded for their accomplishments,” Ag teacher Amanda Smith said.