Wildcats go ‘decades back in time’ for Homecoming 2019

Senior Homecoming royalty candidates prepare for Friday’s events. They include (front row) Alyssa Gemes, Kya Schepker, Rayni Simons and Payge Adair; (back row) Lane Bates, Zach Chapman, Matt Couzens and Lerran Yoder.

Students are celebrating their 2019 Homecoming by going “Decades Back in Time” this week.

Student Council sponsor Nathan Copling said the student council came up with the theme at the lock-in before the start of the school year. 

“I am excited to see what the Stuco students come up with,” Copling said. 

He was looking forward to seeing how the students represent the theme.

The Student Council has provided the Warsaw school with a creative spirit week.  The spirit days are 1960s on Tuesday, 1980s on Wednesday, 2000s on Thursday, and then the color war on Friday.    

“As a council, since we have been in high school, we had never done a decades-type theme so we thought it would be fun for Homecoming.” senior Student Council vice president Ally Wenberg said.

The festivities on Friday will begin with the parade on Main Street  at 12:45. The pep rally starts at 2 pm.  

“I believe that the parade is the most exciting part and the most fun part of Homecoming,” senior class representative Kiersten Grobe said.  

The pep rally will prepare the Wildcat district for a thrilling game against Sherwood

The Homecoming game begins at 7 p.m. with coronation at half time. After the Homecoming game, the dance will begin. The Homecoming royalty candidates are getting pumped up for the game and dance

“The competition is tough but I’ll have fun competing, because they are all my friends,”  junior Rheanna Coke said.