Seniors step into the real world

Some seniors have a plan of what they’re going to do after high school. Alison Longhat-Hallock plans on going to college to be an elementary school teacher. Shortly after Longhat-Hallock gets her job as an Elementary school teacher she plans on going back to college to get a degree in nursing. “I was inspired by my 1st grade teacher to become a teacher who was also my science teacher in 4th grade Mrs. Pole.” Senior Long hat-Hallock said. 

Rachel Henderson is planning on going to college at either State Fair Community College or Bolivar Technical College. Henderson plans on stopping after she gets her RN license because the program she is planning on attending finishes after you get your RN.  “I have always had such a strong desire and passion to help those in need and care for those who might have not had someone to do so. Making someone feel better physically or mentally, is such a heartwarming feeling.” Senior Henderson said.

She plans on staying at the job where she works now unless Henderson decides to go to college in Buffalo. 

Schools provide a certain person to help with college choices because it can be an overwhelming process. High School students going to college  “It is highly important to push yourself to get into the good habit of good attendance, and completing assignments on time.” RootEd advisor Bobbi Swisher said.

1
    View Comments (1)