Excitement grows as beloved spring dances near

PHOTO SUBMITTED
Seniors (left to right) Rachel Henderson, Dallas Steinhoff, Autum Walton, Grace Drake, and Angela Konopasek attended the 2023 prom together. They were juniors at the time.

With spring on the horizon, students at WHS begin their preparation for Prom and Echoes. 

Dresses are being bought and tuxes are being rented. Students are scrambling and some are ready.

“This year, I plan to have all my stuff laid out before so I don’t panic about missing anything,” junior Haylee Cobb said.

“I don’t do a whole lot, I just make sure I’m cleaned up and ready for the dance,” junior Josh Bunch said.

Some students are planning to do some things differently so they stress less this year.

Many students procrastinate when it comes to buying things that are needed. However, Kelsey plans to be better prepared. “Get my dress sooner,” senior Josephine Kelsey said.

Students have highly anticipated Warsaw High’s two formal dances of the school year. The Echoes Ball  is in early March and Prom is in late April. Echoes is a semi-formal dance, while Prom requires more formal attire.

Many attendees remember excited moments and are excited for different things.

“I’m most excited to request fun songs to dance to,” Kelsey said.

“I’m excited about dancing and eating food after because I’ll probably be hungry,” Bunch said.

Some students are attending the spring formals for the first time. The upperclassmen have tips and tricks for them.

“If it’s your first time I would advise you to really relax and not worry about anyone or anything because it’s so fun once you get into it,” Cobb said.

“Make sure to have fun, dance with your friends, because it’s a dance,” Kelsey said.

A lot of planning goes into making the dances what they are. Echoes is planned by the yearbook staff, while Prom is planned by the junior class

We try to keep our budget for Echoes around $850,” yearbook president Ashlynn Adams said. DJ is Bob Dodds from Quality Audio. He has been doing this dance at WHS for many years.

The yearbook staff decorates for Echoes the day before the event after school. We also arrive early on the day of Echoes to finish any last-minute decorations. It takes a lot of planning and time commitment, but I think it’s worth it in the end to see everyone enjoy themselves at the dance,”  Adams said.

Echoes will be hosted in the middle school cafeteria on March 2. The theme is “Tangled in our Memories” and the tickets will be $10 in advance and $12 at the door.

“The Echoes Ball is a long-standing tradition here at WHS and the yearbook staff works really hard to come up with ideas and create a fun experience for our students. Yearbook is about recording the memories of the year and, through this dance, we get to help students make those memories. ‘Tangled in Our Memories’ should be an interesting theme. I hope all students get the chance to come and see how we decorate the middle school gym,” yearbook adviser Amanda Adler said.  “Last year, we cut down little trees to create a forest. It should be exciting to see what they come up with this year.”

“There will be a surprise at the end of prom, so get your tickets!” junior prom committee member Logan Gemes said.

Prom is set for April 20th. The theme will be “Island Getaway” with single tickets being $45 and couple tickets will be $85. Tickets will go on sale in March. The location will be announced once tickets are bought.