Christmas time calls for a wardrobe change

Sophomore Tatum Bohl shows off her flannel shirt. She said flannel is her fashionable choice for cold weather.

Not only are students transitioning to decorating for Christmas, students are also using fashion to express the holiday season. A fashion Christmas tradition is ugly sweaters.

“I typically only wear Christmas sweaters to family events,” sophomore Tatum Bohl said.

“I love ugly Christmas sweaters,” English teacher Paige Lucchesi said.

Lots of students enjoy wearing Christmas outfits to celebrate the holiday.

“I plan different holiday outfits every year,” sophomore Haylee Cobb said.

“I mostly wear fuzzy socks and warm sweaters along with my warm shoes for christmas time,” junior Laney Arnett said.

Many students and teachers partake in the tradition of family Christmas pajamas.

Usually for Christmas outfits, I enjoy wearing a lot of Christmas-themed pjs. My family actually does matching pjs for our whole family.

— Senior Gracie Comer

“Usually for Christmas outfits, I enjoy wearing a lot of Christmas themed pj’s. My family actually does matching pjs for our whole family,” senior Gracie Comer said.

I wear Christmas pj’s most of the time during Christmas break. My family and I theme our Christmas around a pj contest and it is a lot of fun,” Lucchesi said. 

Having to keep warm and still look cute can be a challenge, but many students are up for the challenge.

I layer almost everything and try to keep it cute but cozy,” senior Ashlyn Laue said.

“It is hard to keep warm and still look cute, but one thing that really helps is flannels,” sophomore Tatum Bohl said.

Students say having a go to winter outfit can be crucial to their winter wardrobe. 

“My go-to winter outfit is definitely my corduroy overalls with my beige sweater with converse. It keeps me warm and it looks cute. Or I wear baggy jeans or baggy pants in general with an oversized large sweatshirt with a beanie,” Laue said. 

Some students have a favorite piece of clothing to always keep them warm.

“I keep warm in my soft flannel cardigan and usually leggings,” Cobb said.

“My favorite piece of clothing to keep warm in is a vest,” said Comer. 

Some students find it difficult to find cute affordable winter clothing, but students say having a go-to store to find your favorite winter clothing will always help. 

“My go-to store for any winter apparel that has to be American Eagle, Nike, Fabletics, Country Charm , and any cute boutique around the area,” Arnett said.

I thrift 90% of my clothing, and this includes winter clothes. I always find the funniest Christmas sweaters too,” Lucchesi.