Seniors reflect on how they changed over the years

Jana Prokher
Jana Prokher

Taylar Kleihauer

Taylar Kleihauer

Madison Coskey
Madison Coskey
Julie Long
Julie Long
Nora McMillin
Nora McMillin

Dreams and perspectives have changed over the years for the soon to be graduates due to maturing and influences on their lives.
Some seniors seem to have always known what they wanted to do when they grew up.
“My career path hasn’t changed, I’ve always wanted to go into conservation,” Julie Long said.
Career paths have changed for a few, but many have found their way back to their original choice.
“At the beginning of high school, I wanted to go into the medical field, but then I noticed that it wasn’t going to be for me. But when I was younger I wanted to do hair, and I have realized that I have come back to the same idea and have made the decision to attend Paul Mitchell Cosmetology school,” Madison Coskey said.
“I have always had the same career path in mind, which is a pediatric oncology nurse and later on a pediatric oncology specialist,” Nora McMillin said.
While many know what they plan to do after high school, not all are 100% sure.
“My career…while that subject still intimidates me, I feel the need to say I don’t have a clue. I know that whatever path I plan on choosing or what path chooses me, I will succeed and I will be good at what I do simply because I have good work ethics. However I also feel the need to say that I have always wanted to help people and as long as I can help people in whatever way possible, I will be happy and satisfied in what I do,” Jana Prokhor said.
Not only have seniors seen a change in their passions and what they desire, they have also seen a change in their motivation levels throughout their high school career.
“I have become less motivated for school but still get everything turned in and done on time,” McMillin said.
“I used to have no motivation when I was a freshman and sophomore but my junior and senior year I really just got out of my shell and I feel way more motivated knowing I’m going to graduate and get my life started,” Taylar Kleihauer said.
“My motivation has always been driven by success, if I failed in one subject I felt lost and failed it all. I learned that with failure my drive for success, in correspondence to my motivation, allowed me to feel even more sense of accomplishment than just succeeding everything I do on my first try,” Jana Prokhor said.
“My motivation has been the same, other than senior year I’ve just been more ready to get out of here,” Long said.
Many seniors had claimed as they changed as an individual, the people who they surrounded themselves with changed with them.
“I have always been friends with the same group of people. We went our own ways during sophomore/junior year. But we came back together,” Coskey said.
“It’s changed a lot, I have learned that you’re not going to be friends with one person for the rest of your life. There’s going to be some obstacles that come your way and sometimes a friendship can get ruined from that, so some advice I can give is don’t give your all to one person, remember it’s only you that’s going to get you through life you can’t rely on others,” Kleihauer said.
“I changed friends frequently but love and appreciate what each and everyone has taught and shown me in my life as a teenager. Now I plan on trying to keep friends as I make them because loneliness is a real thing and the world is pretty lonely nowadays,” Prokhor said.
As the senior class of 2022 says their final goodbye to Warsaw high, they leave with some advice.
“With god you can conquer anything,” McMillin said.
“Worry about yourself, don’t let people bother you,” Coskey said.