Filed under Student Life

Students play games, win prizes at Christmas assembly

Seniors, Nate Fauquier, Lee Newell, and Cash Miller taking on the challenging game. The seniors are trying to eat the cookies first to win. The winner of this challenge was Nate Fauquier.

The student council has made a tradition to host a Christmas assembly every year the day all students go on break. There was many different games and activities played to get students and faculty involved and excited for the Christmas season. Some of the games was a wreath finding game, and who could eat a whole box of cookies first which was for the candidates.

The candidates for the junior class were Connor Mclaughlin, Keion Davis, Mikey Wetreo. The senior candidates were Cash Miller, Lee Newell, and Nate Fauquier. They participated in the cookie eating game. The each had to eat the sugar cookies and they would have to finish first to be the winner for each class. Junior Keion Davis and senior Nate Fauquier were the winners for each class.

“It was hard to keep eating, and all that was running through my mind was to not throw up” Senior Cash Miller said.

The other games that were played was a game that involved dice and two students from each class, they had to roll the dice one at a time to pass the surannan wrap ball to keep passing the ball the next player in line must roll doubles. The object of the game is to be the first one to get to the very middle and you had won a gift card. Freshman Tim Burkhart was the winner of that game.

There was many gift givings that were going on, there was several prizes such as mugs, games, blankets, ear buds and lots of other prizes. There was two TVs that were given out. Sophomore Rayni Simons, and senior Jayden Shepker won the TVs from a drawing.

“Honestly I thought that the prize would be a mug, or a blanket because that’s what everyone else got. Then they brought out the TV and that was surprising.” Sophomore Rayni Simons said.

During the wreath game the point was to gather the most reefs around the room that you possibly can. Some students were pushing the trash cans around to keep the players from getting it, so the game would be more funny.

“I think people enjoyed the reef game the most, it seemed most entertaining and people seemed to have most fun with it.”

There was lots of work put into decorating for the assembly, art teacher Jennifer Greene was the one to put the whole assembly together. She gathered all of the gifts, arranged the games, and found the princes and kings candidates with some help of Student Council.

“I believe the students enjoyed being able to hang out with their friends before going on break. I think they also enjoyed the opportunity to receive gifts from their Student Council.” Art teacher, Jennifer Greene said.

There was several Student council members that played the roll of elves that helped with the gifts and drawing names. The music playlist was conducted by freshman Rheanna Coke, the games were helped by all Student Council.