Senior shares her love for music

+Senior+Shyla+Estes+sings+a+solo+for+Showstoppers.+Estes+sang+%E2%80%9CBubbly%E2%80%9D+by+Colbie+Caillat.+%0A

Senior Shyla Estes sings a solo for Showstoppers. Estes sang “Bubbly” by Colbie Caillat.

Music is an emotional release for senior vocalist Shyla Estes and an art she has crafted since childhood. “Music is a get away for me, I have passion for music,” Estes said.

Estes is a member of Madrigal, Warsaw’s select chamber choir.She was in women’s choir her freshman year and joined Madrigal her sophomore year.

“I have a passion for music and could sing all day if I was able to. I love how there is a song for any kind of mood that you are in. When you are happy, you enjoy the music, but when you are sad, you understand the lyrics,” Estes said.

“I have been singing since I was able to talk,” said Estes. “I was in K-Kids in fourth and fifth grade, middle school honors choir, and choir all four years of high school.” Estes sings at her church, Jubilee days,Heritage days, and has been asked to sing at different events, and do sign language.

One of the recent choir events was Showstoppers. Every choir performed and soloists showed off their taste in music.

Estes sang a solo “Bubbly” by Colbie Caillat.

Estes, like many other students in choir share a great passion for music.

Though she strongly dislikes contest music, Estes likes listening to pop music and today’s hits.

“I love, love, love Andy Grammer. He’s bae,” Estes said.

Estes has won many awards. She has made All-District choir, has received one and two ratings at contest from solo’s and small ensembles. She also lettered in music her Freshman year.

Estes said she plans to do more singing in the future. She has plans to go Collage of the Ozarks, or State Fair Community College, she previously had choir tryouts for State Fair.