Letter to senior year 2024 version

Dear Senior Year,

What a journey we have taken. It took us four years to get to this moment. 

We have checked off some of our final milestones that got closer to the last day. 

Your Homecoming theme was all about music! We even won “best float” from the parade. Lovlie and Angela wore skates during it and skated next to the float. We had so much fun doing it together.

Homecoming. 

Check.

Football had such a good run! Our student section grew and we had a theme for every game. We had a pep bus for one of the district games.

Friday Night Lights. 

Check. 

Herff and Jones came to the school and we got everything we needed for graduation rented and bought.

Cap and Gown Purchase. 

Check. 

Echoes had the cutest theme, “Tangled in our Memories.” The decorations were beautiful and the whole night was so special.

Echoes Ball. 

Check. 

The Junior class did a great job on prom this year. We went to the Margaritaville resort in Osage Beach and even got to play in the arcade. We danced the night away and ate plenty of tiny potatoes!

Prom. 

Check. 

Those of us who were athletes finished many different seasons. We improved in every single sport and made many friends along the way.

High School Sports.

Check.

The hardest part about leaving you behind is knowing that this will be the last time some of us walk the same hallways. These hallways hold many things, but most importantly they hold our memories shared.

Saying goodbye. 

Pending…

We are missing some important people, however. You never got to meet them but they meant the world to us. You would’ve loved all three of them. They all had the sweetest hearts and the kindest smiles. They may be gone but they aren’t forgotten.

You have brought us some pretty amazing friendships, whether they were in our class or younger. The four years leading up to this moment can be compared to a Sour Patch Kid, first it was sour, then it was sweet. It started rough, but all of our hard work finally paid off. We did it. We finished this chapter.

We have cried a lot and lost so much. However, through all of the tears and all of the stress we learned to smile, laugh, and enjoy the little moments. It seems like we only just met and now we are saying goodbye.

Love,

The Class of 2024