Class of 2024 advises students to put in the work and enjoy the ride

Looking back on 14 years of schooling, seniors feel that they have gained beneficial knowledge on the best way to thrive in high school.
Some seniors say their advice is to keep up with academics.
“Don’t get behind, just do your work when it’s given,” senior Devon Boul said.
“Don’t stress yourself out, just do your school work and have fun,” senior Oliver Robertson said.

Don’t stress yourself out, just do your school work and have fun.

— senior Oliver Robertson

“Don’t skip too much school,” senior Nate Banfield said.
“The main advice I would give to the upcoming seniors is to try hard in your classes and stay out of the drama, finish strong,” senior Laney Arnett said.
“Advice for seniors is make sure you have all the credits you need and make sure to pass your classes and don’t procrastinate,” senior Hunter Collins said.
Many seniors advise younger students to enjoy high school experiences because they go by fast.
“My advice to give to underclassmen would be do not rush through your school years. Before you know it, you will be planning graduation pictures, parties, baccalaureate, and more! You have your whole life ahead of you so soak up the good times now because they truly fly by!” senior Rachel Henderson said.
Senior year can be hard and stressful but these seniors put in the work and enjoyed every last minute of it.
“Enjoy every moment. It goes by faster than you think it will!” senior Grace Drake said.
“Make the most out of the year and have fun when you can,” Boul said.
Some seniors feel they wouldn’t do anything differently, while some feel they could’ve done things that would’ve changed where they are today.
“I would do my homework when it’s due and keep grades up,” Boul said.
“I wouldn’t change a thing! Every decision and grade got me to this point,” Drake said.
“I would have taken more college classes as an underclassman,” Arnett said.
“If I could go back I wouldn’t do anything different,” Banfield said.

I wish I had done more of the things I wanted to do, make more friends, and live in the moment.”

— senior Racheal Henderson

“I think if I could do anything differently, I would go back and be more outgoing. My senior year has been the first year I have truly felt comfortable and not been intimidated. I wish I had done more of the things I wanted to do, make more friends, and live in the moment!” Henderson said.
The seniors prepare to say their final good byes.
“Thank you WHS for everything! It’s been quite the ride,” Drake said.
“Peace out gang,” Boul said.