Juniors and seniors join MoFlex for valuable work experience

Photo Submitted
Senior Autum Walton works at Bommgars. Walton has worked at Bommgars for a little over a year.

MoFlex is a program that allows juniors and seniors to attend school for only a portion of the day, students can either attend the first four hours of the day or attend the last four hours of the day, providing students with the ability to earn money while attending school. This is a popular choice for Warsaw students.

Senior Laney Arnett is in her first year at MoFlex. Arnett is learning more responsibility while trying to balance school and work at the same time.

“I feel like waking up and having more responsibilities to take on and to be more dependent on myself and not my parents,” Arnett said. She works at Country Charm.

Junior Trent Downing is also in his first year of MoFlex. Downing leaves at the end of the fourth hour and goes to his job at different ranches. Downing likes his job as it provides him with money and gives him a taste of what his future is going to look like when he gets older. 

“My job helps me more than what school does,” Downing said.

Additionally, MoFlex provides the flexibility for students having time to work outside of school and get high school elective credits. Moflex helps students take college classes on campus by being able to give them time to drive and study.

Working at Bomgaars is a great job for senior Autum Walton, along with the flexibility of her schedule. 

“More hours means more money which will help me succeed in life to help pay bills for college,” Walton said.

Academic advisor Bobbi Swisher helps students set up their Moflex experience. Students who have stayed on top of their credits throughout high school can take MoFlex to earn money for college, allowing them to get them set up for the real world and also it can help them provide for their family who may need the benefits. MoFlex also provides valuable work experience and also so they can have a taste of what the real world is like. 

“If you didn’t keep up on your timesheets or lie about having a job, then you would fail MoFlex, and have to go to summer school to make up the necessary credits, to earn your diploma,” Swisher said.