FFA attends national convention in Louisville

FFA members Alexis Smith, Tristen Surrell, Thane Henderson, Cierrra Sawyers, Ashlyn Yoder, Zach Swiger, Rayne Faulkoner, Noah Long, Jazmine Holbert and Seth Eckhoff pose for the camera. They where at the Kentucky Horse Park in Lexington.

Ten FFA members represented the Warsaw chapter at the 2014 National Convention in Louisville, Kentucky.

Representatives included senior Zach Swiger, juniors Thane Henderson and Jazmine Holbert, sophomores Noah Long, Seth Eckhoff, Alexis Smith, Cierra Sawyers, Tristin Surrell, and Ashlyn Yoder, and freshman Rayne Faulconer.

The ten FFA members along with ag teacher Stan Adler and students from Lincoln, Green Ridge, Concordia, and LaMonte FFA chapters departed for Louisville on the morning of October 29.

“It was cool traveling with other schools because you get to meet new people and make friends,” said Holbert.

The trip included tours of the Kentucky Horse Park in Lexington and Evans Orchard in Georgetown, eating at Claudia Sanders Dinner House, and a dinner theater, visits to the career show and expo, shopping at the FFA shopping mall in, and also attendance to multiple convention sessions.

“The dinner theater was my favorite part,” said Faulconer

“I really liked the expo,” said Eckhoff. “I learned about things in agriculture that I never knew existed.”

“At convention, I realized how big FFA really is,” said Henderson. “It’s not just here, its everywhere.”

The trip was finally wrapped up on the morning of November 1 when Warsaw FFA members joined over 60,000 students from around the Nation to watch the American Degree ceremony.   Graduate Austin Reedy received his American Degree, the highest honor the organization can bestow on one of its members.