Nine teachers join high school staff at start of school year

Lisha Douglas-Science

Faculty and students welcomed several new faces and some familiar ones this August as nine teachers joined the staff.

Gage Boise is the new high school geometry and pre-algebra teacher. Boise was born and raised in Warsaw. He graduated high school here and graduated college at the University of Missouri. This is Boise’s fourth year in education. He is married to Ragin Boise and together they have a one year old named Wrenley. Boise is looking forward to carrying on the tradition and getting to see his daughter raised in Warsaw.
Q: What inspired you to become a teacher?
A: My grandpa has always been my inspiration for education. He was a superintendent for the Warsaw District for an extended period of time.
Q: What are your hobbies?
A: I like to golf and play with my daughter

Aspen Longworth is in her third year of teaching and first at Warsaw. She is teaching English and Special Education as well as coaching girls wrestling.
Longworth is from Riverside, California. She graduated high school from Corona High School in 2016. From there she went on to Corona California College: Western Governors University to get her degree. She moved to Warsaw in July, but has been visiting family for the past 17 years. Longworth is looking forward to growing the girls wrestling team and getting to interact and connect with her students.
A: I became a teacher to help students be successful regardless of their personal circumstances. I quickly learned that there were various aspects in students’ lives and education careers that I could help with in order for students to feel more confident, included, and successful.
Q: What are your hobbies?
A: I love to wrestle, go snowboarding, go hiking/camping, and create henna designs.
Q: Do you have any animals?
A: I have two doggos; one Australian Terrier named ZZ Top and a new pup named Nola.

Amber Glenn is the new English III and Creative Writing teacher. Glenn is from Kansas City, but has been in Warsaw since 2001. She is married to Trey Glenn. Between the two of them, they have five children. Rachel (17), Isaac (15), David (14), Bekah (13) and Emery (8). They also have three dogs, Toby, Ollie, and Reno. Glenn graduated from Oak Park High School. She then graduated from State Fair with two Associate Degrees, then from Central Methodist University with her teaching degree in Middle School Language Arts, After that she also graduated from the University of Central Missouri with her Master’s in Educational Technology.
She is in her eighth year of teaching in the Warsaw School District, but is in her first year at the high school. She previously taught at South Elementary.
A: I became a teacher mostly because I want every student to realize that English can be exciting. Many people feel like it is very boring, but I try to bring real conversations, classroom involvement, and creativity to my classroom. I wanted to be a teacher so I can build connections with our young generation. I learn just as much from them as they learn from me!
Q: What are your hobbies?
A: In my free time I like to garden, can what I garden, and grow houseplants.
Q: What do you look forward to this school year?
A: This is my first year teaching at the high school level because I have always taught 4th and 5th grade. I am so excited for the new challenges that come with teaching teenagers.

Amelia Smith has taught in the Warsaw school district for seven years now. She is the new Algebra I and Pre-Algebra teacher. Smith taught at Lincoln her first four years before coming to Warsaw. She taught in the high school, moved to the middle school, and has now returned. Smith grew up in Slater but now lives in Lincoln. She graduated from Slater High School and from there went to Missouri Valley College where she earned her bachelor’s degree in Mathematics. She later completed her master’s degree in Administration from Lindenwood University while working in Warsaw. Smith is married to her husband Zach and together they have a one-year-old daughter named Olena. They also have two dogs and two cats.
A: I have several teachers in my family and, when I was an A+ tutor in high school, I had a talent for helping people with math.
Q: What are your hobbies?
A: In my free time, I like to read and spend time doing activities with my family, like going to the zoo or Cardinals games.
A: This year, I look forward to seeing students that I got to teach while they were in middle school.

Kelsey Brown is teaching high school agriculture. She is currently in her third year of teaching. Brown graduated from Lathrop High School and from there went to attend college at Northwest Missouri State University. She moved from Lathrop, Mo and has been in Warsaw for two years. She and her husband, Jake, have two kids, Schaefer (5) and Gracelyn (1). They also have two Great Danes and a Corgi.
A: I wanted to become an Ag teacher to help educate our youth on the importance of agriculture in our world.
Q: What are your hobbies?
A: In my spare time I compete in mounted archery and ride horses.
A: I’m looking forward to getting to know the students at Warsaw and helping them grow and learn as individuals.

Teresa Arcisz is the new English I and II teacher. She moved from Oklahoma to Warsaw and has been here for about a year. Arcisz graduated from Edmond Memorial High School in Edmond, Oklahoma. She is in her 14th year in education. She and her husband, Jerry, have been married for 45 years. Together, they have three children and 11 grandchildren. The two also have a 235lb English Mastiff named Buddy. Faith, family, and friends make her life full.
A: My grandmother was a teacher and always practiced new teaching methods on me which inspired me to be a teacher too. Plus, I just love seeing that light bulb come on when students are learning
Q:What are your hobbies?
In my free time I love to go to the lake, ride on our boat, swim, and I especially love playing with my grandchildren. I also love to crochet and church is a huge priority.
I am looking forward to going to WHS sporting events.

Lisha Douglas is in her 18th year of being an ATC and first year of being a Physical Science teacher at Warsaw. Prior to coming to Warsaw, she taught eight years at Central Methodist University. Douglas graduated high school from Smith Cotton in Sedalia, and graduated college from Central Missouri State. She has two kids, Taylor and Ty-Kristofer. She also has one dog, Freckles, and two cats, Rue and Vixey.
Q: What are your hobbies?
A: Gardening, playing softball, cooking, and baking.
A: Continuing to take care of my athletes and hopefully inspiring students.
Q: Something you would like to accomplish while in Warsaw?
A: I would like to add some upper level allied health classes such as Sports Medicine class, Nutrition, Anatomy and Kinesiology and CPR classes.

Matt Brownsberger is back again for his 21st year teaching. Prior to moving to a new district, he was here for four years, 2004-2007. Brownsberger is the new Physical Education and Health teacher, as well as the varsity boys basketball coach and middle school cross country coach. He graduated high school in Blue Springs, MO, then attended Northwest Missouri State for his Bachelor’s and Master’s degrees. After that, he attended William Woods University for his Specialist. He is married to Emily Brownsberger, who is a first grade teacher at North Elementary. The two of them have three kids, Janie (Senior), Julianne (seventh grade), and Jayden (second grade).
Q: What brought you to Warsaw?
A: It was a great opportunity for our family and it is a great place to live.
A: My mom and dad were both teachers. My dad also coached high school and college basketball. I also had several teachers and coaches along the way that ultimately led me to this profession.
Q:What are your hobbies?
A: I enjoy exercising, watching sports(especially my own kids), grilling, and spending time with family and friends.

Darren Daughenbaugh is the new Social Studies, Government, Sociology, and American History teacher. Prior to coming to Warsaw, he taught at Sherwood. Daughenbaugh graduated from Centralia High School, from there, he earned his Bachelor’s of Science at Northwest Missouri State University and his Master’s in Educational Administration from Southwest Baptist University. He has been teaching for 19 years. Daughenbaugh is married and together they have four children and two dogs. So far he has been enjoying his life in Warsaw and has felt very welcomed.
Q: What brought you to Warsaw?
A: My family and I enjoy a lot that the lake life offers: camping, hiking, swimming, fishing, etc.
A: I love interacting with students and having a positive impact on young adults.