Meet the teacher: Kim Pate and Douglas Chronister

Kim Pate – Business
Kimberly Pate is originally from Texas. She moved to Missouri when she was young. She graduated from Cosmetology School and also earned a bachelor’s degree from the University of Central Missouri and a Master’s Degree from Drury University. She was originally a hairdresser for 12 years before she became a teacher. She has been teaching for 14 years and teaches business courses including: personal finance, web design, desktop publishing, multimedia, and personal finance II.

Q: What made you want to become a teacher?

A: I wanted to feel like I was contributing something positive to society.

Q: What are some of your hobbies?

A: Fishing, hunting, horseback riding, anything outdoors in warm weather.

Q: What would your ideal vacation be?

A: A month in a secluded cabin in the woods either Montana or Alaska- in the summer.

Q: What has been your greatest accomplishment?

A: Being a mom of two kids that are really great people. (not really my accomplishment, but they make me super proud.)

Q: What are you most grateful for in your life?

A: God, my husband, and my family

Q: What is the lesson you learned from your greatest failure?

A: Don’t let failure define you, be strong, get up, move on

Q:How would you describe your personality?

A: I view things on more of a realistic standpoint but try to be positive. I am not a leader, I’m more of a helper. I base opinions more on feelings than facts. I have a strong belief system, but am accepting of what others believe.

Douglas Chronister – Social Studies
Douglas Chronister was born in Kansas City, KS. He moved to Stockton, MO and graduated high school there in 2013. He received his degree in teaching at SBU in Bolivar, MO. He is currently in his fifth year of teaching, with two of those years being spent teaching at Warsaw. He teaches American Government, Advanced Government, and one section of Speech.

A: I originally became a teacher because I wanted to be a college professor and I wanted an educational background not a lot of professors get . . . but I ended up sticking with it at the high school level for several reasons and I’m content here for now.

Q: What are some of your hobbies?

A: I spend a lot of time gaming or watching television to relax. I fall asleep to TikTok/YouTube way more often than I should admit. I read frequently; though mostly when I’m scrolling the Twitterverse. I’m a political obsessive so Twitter is my home away from home.

Q: What would your ideal vacation be?

A: Probably a trip to Europe; Italy and England in particular. If I had to stay local, I’d go to the mountain states where the water is as blue as the sky and the trees look like those from a Christmas painting.

A: Probably my relationship with my wife; middle school sweetheart is rare.

A: My grandparents; raised me and probably help develop within me my love of history

A: The only person you have to live with at the end of the day is yourself and your legacy.

Q: What other jobs/careers have you had?

A: I’ve really only ever been a teacher for pay; but I volunteered a lot in college with a mission trip to a South Dakota Native American Reservation .

Q: If you could meet any deceased person from history, who would you choose and what would you discuss?

A: Wild Bill Hickok or Walt Whitman – I’d talk about everything but mostly what they experienced in life and their views on it.

Q: How would you describe your personality?

A: I think I come off a bit cold and aloof but in reality I’m pretty laid back and goofy.