Four join high school faculty to continue teaching careers

PE/Health teacher Taylor Lambdin

Taylor Lambdin joined the staff as a PE and health teacher, but is not new to the school district. Lambdin taught elementary PE at South Elementary last year. 

Q: Where did you attend high school and college?

A: I graduated from Caney Valley High in Southeast Missouri and Kansas State University.

Q: How long have you taught and where? 

A: I have taught a total of seven years. I have taught in Warsaw for two years, first year teaching was at Warsaw South Elementary as a PE teacher.  My second year teaching for Warsaw is at the high school in which he is a PE teacher as well as a Health teacher. The previous five years of my teaching years were in Southeast Kansas.

Q: What do you enjoy most about teaching?

A: I enjoy most of my time being a good role model and being around students doing interactive activities with them.

Q: What do you look forward to this year?

A: I  look forward to being the middle school girls head basketball coach this year, but most of all staying active with my PE classes. My quarantine body wasn’t the greatest.

Q: Do you have advice for your class(es)? 

A: For most of you, high school is the easiest thing you’ll ever do in your life, enjoy it while you can!

Social Studies teacher Douglas Chronister

Douglas Chronister is the American History teacher and the assistant speech coach. 

Q: Why did you come to Warsaw?

A: I came to Warsaw because it resembles the community I grew up in. I am also much closer to my family.

Q: How many years have you been teaching?

A: I am in my fourth year teaching, but first in Warsaw. 

A: I attended Southwest Baptist University. I graduated from Stockton High School. 

Q: What do you enjoy about teaching?

A:  During school I love the student diversity, even though I’m teaching the same lesson to kids, it is with different people every hour and it makes it interesting because you get different and unique responses and some I haven’t considered yet before.

A: I look forward to making new relationships I get to build here in Warsaw.

Q: What are some of your hobbies outside of school?

A: I am a avid gamer and film buff. I also like to do jigsaw puzzles. 

Band director Curtis Thomas

Curtis Thomas is the new band director for the high school and middle school.

Q: Why did you choose to come to Warsaw?

A: I came to Warsaw for many reasons, my family always camped and fished here a lot in this area. I wanted to teach band only, and  The sense of the family environment I got from the administration and community when I was here interviewing.

A: I have been teaching for about 13 years now.

A: I attended Baldwin High School. I went to Pittsburg State University for my bachelor’s and I have started for my Masters at KU. 

A: My absolute favorite part about teaching is when it all comes together and you get goosebumps.

A: I look forward to making memories and looking back and seeing the goals we accomplished.

Agriculture teacher Amanda Smith

Amanda Smith is the agriculture teacher and FFA advisor.  She teaches Agriculture Construction, Animal Science, Agriculture Science I and II, Exploring Agriculture, and Greenhouse Management. 

A: I choose to come to Warsaw because I miss teaching Agriculture Education and seeing the impact I was able to have on my students.

Q: How long have you been teaching? 

A: I have been teaching for 10 years now. 

Q: What college or high school have you attended? 

A: I attended high school at Macks Creek R-V. I earned my bachelor’s degree in Agriculture Education From Missouri State University. I attended Southwest Baptist University to earn my masters in Educational Administration. 

A: Meeting students and watching them grow through the years and seeing them accomplish things. 

A: Begin with an end in mind, this came from Steven Covey. I always like to know the why behind everything I do and to see where I want to go