Awards highlight last day for WHS

Students gathered at Randy Morrow Field for lunch an awards to close out the last day of the 2018 school year.

Agriculture

The horticulture award was given to junior Brandi Huebert. Ag Science II award went to sophomore Jacob Weiser, sixth hour Ag Science I award was given to freshman Emileigh Kowal and the seventh hour Ag Science I awarded was earned by freshman Ellie Wassman.

Patriotic Art Contest

The Lincoln VFW Auxiliary awarded sophomore Kathryn Rickie for her first-place work in their patriotic art competition.

Student Council

The 2018 Student Council was recognized. Third-year members were juniors Abby Foster, Taylor Bunch, Autumn Long; second-year members were sophomore Jessica Dwyer, junior Jacob Luebbert, sophomores Aubrie McRoberts, Becky Petesch, Rayni Simons, Cassidy Ferolito, Ally Wenberg, first-year members were juniors Jessie Glenn, Kolby Estes, Maddie Gardner, Brenna Smith, Suzi Cortright, sophomores Lerran Yoder, Kya Schepker, Payge Adair, freshmen Joe Montez, Kylee Fajen, Aspen Whitaker, Brooke Spry, Logan Strunk, Jordan Graham and Rheanna Coke.

Art

Art I awards were given to junior Kamal Ali and freshman Kylee Fajen, the Art II award was given to sophomore Misty Windengar, pottery awards went to juniors Jessie Glenn and Maddie Gardner, and the drawing and painting award went to sophomore Kathryne Rickie.

Spanish

The Spanish I award was given to sophomore Aubrie McRoberts and junior Evan Kowal. The Spanish II award was given to junior Kamal Ali.

Math

The Algebra I award was given to freshman Brook Spry. The top Algebra II award was given to freshman Lauren Kreisel.

Students earning math club letters and recognition included juniors Suzie Cortright (top points), Caitlin Dudenhoeffer, Kolby Estes, Maddie Gardner, Jessie Glenn, Jake Luebbert, Elaine Ngo, Riley Pals, Maleek Porter, Kamryn Yach, sophomores Jessica Dwyer, Becky Petesch, Kathryn Ricke, Matthew Schrader, Scott Winters, freshmen Haley Dwyer, Kylee Fajen, Lauren Kreisel, Gabrielle Porter, Joe Monetz and Taylor Spry.

English

English awards were given to freshman Emmaleigh Kowal for English I, sophomore Kathryn Rickie for English II and junior Kamryn Yach for English III.

Journalism

New Quill and Scroll members were awarded with pins. They included juniors Taylor Bunch and Ethan Schomburg and sophomores Becky Petesch and Kya Schepker.

Newspaper editor Ally Estes was awarded an editor-in-chief medal and certificate. Yearbook editor Taylor Bunch was awarded an editor-in-chief medal and certificate. Photo editor Brenna Smith was awarded a medal and certificate for her work on staff as an editor. Junior Ally Estes was named journalist of the year, sophomore Kya Schepker was named photojournalist of the year and junior Taylor Bunch won the publications design award.

FACS/FCCLA

Sophomores Katelyn Allen, Kendra Miller and junior Jordan Plybon were awarded ProStart National Level 1 awards. Plybon was named the top ProStart 1 student and junior Caitlin Dudenhoeffer was named the top ProStart II student.

FCCLA Rookie of the year was freshman Arianna Herrick. The most active member was junior Caitlin Dudenhoeffer. National “Go 4 the Red” awards were given to Dudenhoeffer, Plybon and sophomore Madi Schockmann.

Speech

Speech letters were awarded to junior Ren Rozzel, sophomores AJ McMillen, Alexa Scrivener, Anna Cawood, Sam Townley, Aubri Umlauf, Ashten Cunningham, Kathryn Ricke, freshmen Lacey Andrews, Kyleigh Hines, Arianna Herrick, Ariel Givens and Zach Fennel.

State medals for reader’s theater were awarded to sophomores Alexa Scrivener, AJ McMillen, Anna Cawood, freshmen Kyleigh Hines and Ariel Givens and junior Ren Rozzel.

The highest-point freshman was Kyleigh Hines, the highest-point sophomore was Alexa Scrivener, and the highest-point junior was Ren Rozzel. Overall highest points was Alexa Scrivener. Sophomore Anna Cawood received the most improved award.

Science

The top physics student was junior Jake Luebbert. The top chemistry student was sophomore Kathryn Ricke. Junior Autumn Long was the anatomy top student and junior Ren Rozzel was the top ecology student. Physical science awards went to freshmen Joe Montez and Lauren Kreisel.

Biology I awards were given to sophomores Becky Petesch, Jessica Dwyer, junior Elaine Ngo, sophomores Kathryn Ricke, Aubrie McRoberts and Samantha Blake. Biology II awards were given to juniors Evan Kowal, Suzy Cortright, Kamryn Yach and Jessie Glenn.

Perfect Attendance

Awards for perfect attendance were given to juniors Dayvon Bruce, Shawn Coffey, Blaine Fleury, sophomores Becky Petesch, Jonathan Harvey, freshmen Zach Fennel, Logan Strunk, Seth Huffman.

Iron Man

The Iron Man awards were given to freshmen Kylee Fajen, Trey Palmen and Taylor Spry, sophomores Kya Schepker, Zach Chapman, Lane Bates, Aubrie McRoberts, juniors Maleek Porter, Jake Luebbert, Kieon Davis and Matt Luebbert.

The female athlete of the year was sophomore Aubrie McRoberts.

CTC

Junior Earl Harding earned a certificate of participation in the automotive program and ASE student certification in suspension and steering, electrical, brake and engine performance. Junior James Barnett earned a certificate of completion in building trades with dual credit and his CareerSafe certificate.

Junior Shawn Coffey earned a certificate of achievement in criminal justice, certification in arrest procedures, basic firearm safety and managing traffic stops, and a criminal justice academic performance certificate. Junior Deric Flores earned a certificate of completion in criminal justice, certification in arrest procedures, basic firearm safety and managing traffic stops, and an award for criminal justice physical fitness. Junior Mason Knox earned a certificate of participation in criminal justice and certification in arrest procedures. Junior Zach Riggs earned a certificate of completion in criminal justice, certification in arrest procedures, basic firearm safety and managing traffic stops, and the criminal justice academic performance certificate.

Junior Somer Anderson earned a certificate of achievement in early childhood careers with dual credit. Junior Jesse Johnson earned a certificate of completion in early childhood careers with dual credit. Junior Heather Weaver earned a certificate of completion in graphic design with dual credit.

Juniors Ciara Cooper and Savannah Goyette, earned certificates of participation in health occupations with certifications in American Heart Association CPR and Certified Nurses Aid.  Juniors Kimberly Hart and Morgan Pierce earned certificates of completion in health occupations with certification in American Heart Association CPR and Certified Nurses Aid.

Junior Trevor Crabtree earned a certificate of achievement in industrial equipment maintenance with dual credit and a CareerSafe certificate.

Music/Auxillary

Vocal music awards were given at the May 10 banquet. Director Deanna Schockmann awarded Outstanding Student Leaders  Kyra Riggs, Lauren Kreisel, and Caitlin Easter. Rookie of the Year was freshman Gabby Porter. The Above & Beyond  award went to senior Rayne Faulconer. Outstanding Vocalists were juniors Madeline Schockmann and Allison Thomas and the Outstanding Musician was senior Nate Fauquier. The Schola Musicorum (Music Scholar) awards were given to seniors  Caitlin Easter and Ryan Sprouse.

Band individual awards were given to freshman Gabrielle Porter for Outstanding freshman, sophomore Madeline Schockmann for Outstanding sophomore and junior Autumn Long for outstanding junior. Rookie of the Year was given to freshman Autumn Krueger. Section leader awards were given to seniors Molly Baumhoff (clarinet) and Ryan Sprouse (low brass), sophomores Alexa Scrivener (saxophone), Autumn Bauer (flute) and AJ McMillon (low brass). Drum major awards were given to senior Zoe Eledge and junior Autumn Long. The National School color guard award was given to senior Kyra Kleihauer while the National School Marching Band award was given to senior Zoe Eledge.

Sophomore Riley Jelinek was given the Louis Armstrong award while sophomore Autumn Bauer was given the Patrick C. Gilmore award. Senior Zoe Eledge was given the John Philip Sousa award.

Music letters were awarded to seniors Mikayla Andrews, Zoe Eledge, Caitlin Easter, Rayne Faulconer, Nate Fauquier, Madi Rozzel, Molly Baumhoff and Ryan Sprouse. Lettering juniors included Helena Givens, Chance Thirstrup, Autumn Long, Victoria Esser, Carolyn Nahrstedt and Allison Thomas. Music letters were awarded to sophomores Aiyana Chenault, Alexa Scrivener, Allyssa Gemes, Wade Henderson, AJ McMillen, Sky Pearson, Jessica Dwyer, Aubrie McRoberts, Riley Jelinek, Aidan LeGrande, Grady Miller, Becky Petesch, Toni Turner, Lerran Yoder and Madeline Schockmann. Letters were awarded to freshmen Lauren Kreisel, Gabrielle Porter, Darby Mostaffa, Autumn Bauer, Lucas Culbertson and Jared Thomas.

Jazz band letters were given to seniors Molly Baumhoff and Zoe Eledge, juniors Victoria Esser, Carolyn Nahrstedt, Autumn Long and Allison Thomas, sophomores Aidan LeGrande, Riley Jelinek, AJ McMillen and Alexa Scrivener and freshmen Autumn Bauer, Gabrielle Porter, Darby Mostaffa and Lucas Culberston.

Seniors Nate Fauquier and Kyra Kleihauer and juniors Brenna Smith and Rylee Pals and freshman Sabrina Uptgraft lettered in colorguard.