Eight archers go to state

Sophomores Leah Miller and Amarillo Martinez shoot at the Smithton archery tournment. Miller managed to get her personal best this season

This season, archers have improved their skills and eight qualified for the state contest last week.
The archery season went well with some getting their personal best.
“It went really well. This year I have scored my personal best. I am disappointed I’m not going to state this year but I have been improving so much that I know I will make it next year,” sophomore Leah Miller said. Miller’s personal best this season was 273 in bullseye.
Those who qualified to compete at state were looking forward to the experience.
“My favorite memory from this season has to be qualifying for state this year. It was a surprise for sure, but I’m super excited,” sophomore Daytona Kinnan said. Kinnan qualified with the score of 275 in bullseye
The archery team looks to grow and hopes other students will join their team.
“Archery is an amazing sport and I think everyone should try it at least once because it is fun to watch yourself improve and our team has a very nice environment and you can ask anyone for help and they will gladly help because, at the end of the day, we all want to see each other improve and we also have fantastic coaches and they work so hard for us,” Miller said
This archery season, eight archers qualified for state archery. Those eight had to score at least a 275 out of a possible 300. State qualifiers were Levi Bilderback, Eastynn Holt, Elliott Kowal, Daytona Kinnan, Wesley Jackson, Tommy Kaufmann, Drake Murrell, and Barron Ward. Bilderback, Holt, Kowal, Kinnan, Jackson, Kaufmann and Ward qualified in both 3D and Bullseye. State was March 20 through the 23 in Branson.