Junior noticed for attitude and giving a helping hand

junior+Makenzie+Hensley+is+inducted+into+NHS+by+South+School+kindergarten+teacher+Roxanna+Eckhoff.+Hensley+is+known+for+being+a+great+student+with+a+great+attitude.+

Ciara Cooper

junior Makenzie Hensley is inducted into NHS by South School kindergarten teacher Roxanna Eckhoff. Hensley is known for being a great student with a great attitude.

Junior Makenzie Hensley is considered to be a high school hero among many teachers and students at Warsaw High. She is noticed for her honesty and working hard in everything she participates in. Hensley is involved in FCCLA, NHS, Math Club, and several other activities.

“To be nominated for high school hero makes me feel delighted,” Hensley said.

Hensley tries to be a hero by being kind to others and works to get others to do the same.

“She is a great student with a great attitude, she is the kind of student our school can be proud of and someone who you know will do great things,” math teacher Brian Hrabe said.

Junior Brooke Jelinek is in NHS with Hensley.

“Makenzie is friendly and always knows how to put smiles on people’s faces. I see her being a leader in NHS, because she puts effort in all activities,” Jelinek said.

Math teacher Amy Spunaugle thinks Hensley leads by example.

“She is not one that is loud or talks too much, but she is always doing the right thing.  She is a hero, because she has overcome so much in her own life that it is incredible for her to be succeeding and happy in everyday circumstances,” Spunaugle said.

Hensley has her own views on how to make Warsaw High a better place for others.

“I think the staff needs to take more time to get to know the students a little better so the students are not afraid to tell a teacher or faculty member when they are being bullied,” Hensley said.

“Students shouldn’t be afraid to tell someone when they are being harassed or bullied. If you’re too scared to tell a teacher, tell a classmate or a friend. If someone tells you that they are being bullied, help that person,” Hensley said.

In the future, Hensley hopes to go to SBU and become an elementary school teacher.

“Makenzie is going places and it will be great to look back and be able to say, ‘I knew that girl and I taught that girl’,” Spunaugle said.